Voting Contact Information:
Mitchell County Auditor: Rachel Foster, 641-832-3946 ext. 101
Raina Roll – Accounts Payable Clerk ext. 102
Lindsay Uhlenhopp – Payroll Clerk, ext 120
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Mitchell County Courthouse, 212 S. 5TH ST. OSAGE, IA 50461
Next Scheduled Election: November 2nd, 2021– General Election: Polls open 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Here are the City/School Election results:
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021 – First day absentee ballots may be mailed or voted in person at the auditor’s office.
- Monday, October 18, 2021 – The deadline to pre-register to vote for the regular City/School Election is 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 18, 2021 – Deadline to request absentee to be mailed for City/School Election. Worry-Free Postmarked Date – Mailed voter registration forms which are postmarked on or before today are considered on time to be pre-registered for the regular City/School Election even if they are received after the over registration deadline.
- Monday, November 1, 2021 – Last day to request and vote absentee ballot in person at auditor’s office until 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021 – City/School Election: Polls open 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021 – Last day for voters to fix incomplete affidavits for City/School Election.
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 – County Canvass of Votes
Eligible and registered voters wishing to cast absentee ballots may vote in person at the office of the , or may make written requests for absentee ballots to be mailed to them. Send these requests to County Auditor, 212 S. 5TH ST. OSAGE, IA 50461
Voting in person
A registered voter may cast an absentee ballot on any regular business day prior to Election Day, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Voting by mail
Written requests for absentee ballots:
- Are required to be on the state-specified absentee request form;
- Should be received by the soon enough to allow the voted absentee ballot to be received back in the office of the County Auditor by Election Day;
- Require the voter’s name, voting address, name or date of the election and signature;
- Must be received by the by 4:00 p.m. on the Friday before the election date;
- Should be addressed to the . 212 S. 5th St. Osage, IA 50461
- Need to specify the name of the election (e.g. General Election) or the date of the election.
The last day for the Auditor’s Office to mail out an absentee ballot is 5 p.m. 11 days prior to a primary, city/school or special election or 10 days prior to a General Election.
Voter Registration Information – Iowa Secretary of State
Voter Registration & Absentee Form for Military/Overseas